Sunday, January 25, 2009

This post brought to you by...the letter H!

LiLu always has the fun ideas, like TMI Thursday and this one, which asks you to write ten things you love that start with your randomly assigned letter. Mine is "H".

If you want to participate, leave a comment on this post and I will assign you a letter. You then write about 10 things you love that begin with your assigned letter and post them on your blog. When people comment on your posted list, you give them a letter and the chain continues on and on.

1) HHB of course. Also of course not his real name, but it's what I call him here. Even when we fight and I feel like punching him in the throat, I still adore him.

2) Hillbillies. They get a bad rap, but the honest to god hillbillies I know are hardworking, honest, loyal people. And yes, they have all their teeth. That Snuffy Smith stereotype is just as offensive to those of us who are actual Appalachians as blackface is to African-Americans. Think of that next time you start telling some joke that involves a "Billy Bob" and less than a full mouth of teeth.

3) Hippy poptarts. That's what I call them, but they're really organic poptarts I got at TJs the first time, and then I found them in the organic sections at Kroger and Giant Eagle, also. Some of my mommy board friends sneer, but I love that they're whole grain and the fruit tastes like...fruit. What a novel concept.

4) Halle Bunny. She's our pet rabbit. We keep her in her hutch too much, but she's a little bitch sometimes when we try to get her out of the cage. She doesn't always appreciate that we're trying to do right by her.

5) Heat. I'm freezing about 80% of the time. The rest of the time, I'm snuggled under the covers with HHB.

6) Health Insurance. I haz it. Finally. I've been uninsured for over a year at this point, and that was after a period of about a year of being insured, which was preceded by, you guessed it, no insurance.

7) Home. I'm not here nearly enough, so I appreciate every second that I am.

8) Hellboy. Both movies. I have a ridiculous attachment to them, even though they're goofy as hell in places. I pink puffy heart Hellboy.

9) HC, my stomping grounds. I love it here, it's good to be a big fish in a little pond, and it still feels as good to be back home as it did four years ago when the Ex and I moved back down here after I finished law school. I am not cut out for the big city. It's nice to visit, but I can't live there.

10) Humping. Not what I usually call it, but it fits the category. I never do anything even close to this kinky, (nor do I want to) but I got this video on my MySpace and it's so hilarious I have to share:




And because I'm feeling generous, some things that start with H that I don't like. Hickies, hookers, hypocrites,the hours I keep these days, and my HUGE ass.

Come play!

2 comments:

LiLu said...

This is fantastic. And I LOVED Hellboy... the second one was pretty good, but the first one was kickass. He's so cute with all the kitties!

Matt said...

I still can't believe that Hellboy 2 was the first movie you wanted me to take you to when I got home from the ME. Yet, you call me the dork... ;)

Love you.