Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow day!

I cannot rub this in enough...it's a grownup snow day here in the big HC! We're on a level 3 snow emergency, which means if you ain't in an ambulance, you shouldn't be driving, lest you wind up in one, so my work and a lot of others are closed. It's like ODOT threw up their hands and said, "Fuck it, you win snow. Take over the streets and highways." I for one do not mind, unless my power goes out. Then I'll brave imminent arrest (it's cool, I have a badge) and slippy slide to my grandma's for heat.

2 comments:

LiLu said...

Ugh, I am so jealous. All of DC was a sheet of ice this morning, and they still made us come in!

Hillbilly Princess said...

We had snow yesterday, then ice, then some rain, which made slush, which is now freezing under a layer of snow, which is still pelting down. We probably have three inches at the least, with the ice underneath. It ought to be ugly tomorrow too.