Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Clue For You

So I'm toying with the idea of doing this new thing periodically, where I try to help men figure out women. Because I'm the expert you know, being, well, a woman. Clearly that means that I know what ALL women want, just like I know what all white people want...all attorneys...all moms...you get the idea. (BTW, there's a whole blog titled "Things White People Like" or something like that, if you're interested in a little funny.) I know the concept is a little presumptuous. But maybe, just maybe, as a way of giving all men a clue, I can help HHB deal with the constantly changing array of moods that is me. So really this is about me and him, couched in a more general "What Women Want" kind of style. It all comes back to me, because this is my freaking blog, the one place in the world where I can indulge my inner attention whore. And yes, I know some of you are saying "inner"? What INNER attention whore, that's all on the surface. Bite me, bitches. ;)

Today's clue is...

Women want to be taken care of. Hold your horses, girls, I'm not done. We like being taken care of. What we don't like is being made to feel like we HAVE to be. So indulge us, pamper us, but always let us know that YOU know that we could do it ourselves. It's not that we can't, it's that we deserve not to have to.

By way of being taken care of, we enjoy sweet emails, phone calls for no reason, and small things almost as much as the big gifts. Note, however, that these are NOT substitutes for nice things for Christmas.

No comments: