Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Exchange

Well, Saturday went pretty well, considering. Evil Ex (who shall henceforth be referred to as Gollum for her resemblance to said character) pulled up, cigarette hanging from her lips as usual, and I got the stank eye as soon as she saw me in the driver's seat. She somehow managed to not speak a word to HHB as he herded the kids into my mommymobile. The only snag occurred when Bird said, "Mommy, who's that girl in that other car?" I said, "That's Spider Monkey's mom." His eyes got huge and he said, "But MOMMY. She's BAD!"

Do you know how hard it is to shush a four year old while trying not to laugh?

Just a note in my defense--I did NOT tell him she's bad. I haven't even spoken about how bad she is in FRONT of him. He hasn't liked her since May when he thought he wasn't going to get to play with Spider Monkey because she was engaging in her usual douchebaggery. What can I say, my kid is a good judge of character.

No comments: